Friday, May 6, 2011

small zippered bag

I went for entirely too long avoiding sewing zippers into things. But when I finally did it and found out how ridiculously easy it was, I put zippers in everything like a crazy person. A crazy person!
This is one of my favorite and most non-threatening zipper installation tutorial ever. Literally anyone could make this, it's quick, easy, and produces something immediately useful (which is one of my favorite kind of projects)

Here is the tutorial, from Skip to my Lou

And here are some examples of bags I made. All the material is from fat quarters, so it's perfect for small stash projects. I got all of my fat quarters from Quilting Adventures


I made the sugar skulls bag for my friend Abby and the flowers bag is part of a mother's day present for my mom :)


the linings


mom's bag has lots of shiny gold bits


Abby's bag has a neat polka dot fabric that I really like

It's really easy to add the little loop to the bag too, I just used a piece of double fold bias tape but the possibilities are pretty open.

This is so super easy and fast you have to try it, especially if you aren't a fan of zippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment