Tuesday, January 4, 2011

T-shirt MacGuyvery

Here's something older, made from about 3 years ago for a New Year's Eve party. The dress was originally a men's 2XX shirt harvested from my favorite thrift store for $2! The little organza panel in the front was also harvested from a thrifted slip (bought for the purpose of re-purposing, you see the theme here) The organza also hides the fact that I totally cut the front too low :P This was also my first attempt at sleeves, so they are a little snug at points, but it was a learning experience and I'm much better at them now.


Of course I'm kicking myself now for not wearing nicer (or at least more interesting) shoes. But the dress was pretty cool.

Here's a closer picture so you can see the organza better.

Another attempt was more successful, and not made from a t-shirt. This dress was entirely "made from scratch" (just like cookies, with the exception of the 3 sticks of butter)

The dress was made to match the hair, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment