Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fairy House

I used to build fairy houses for my sisters sometimes when we were kids. It was always lots of fun to go hunting for twigs and interesting leaves and bits of nature to make into a tiny little house, and I still do it from time to time now. I made this one with help from my friend Holly on a camping trip last year. The only reason we stopped making it more and more elaborate was because it started raining, but I think if we had been left to that project we'd have continued until we ran out of daylight. Here is the end result:


overlooking the house and "gardens" around it

close up of the rock garden, we managed to find a series of triangular shaped rocks to stack and put some other neat looking ones on display on a flat rock table

the front of the house. It has a little bark welcome mat and stone steps leading to a cobbled path (which took a lot of patience to make) There is even a little stack of twig "logs" by the door like it's a tiny woodcutter's cottage or something. To the right of the door is a pinecone tree, for decoration

another photo of the rock garden, with it's twig and stick railing. You can see how perfect the triangle rock stack is, I was way too excited about that :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I linked back to your excellent blog:
    http://www.liveinart.org/2012/06/ten-natural-garden-ideas-for-children.html. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete